AFR Higher Education Awards
2016 FINALISTS ANNOUNCED - WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED on 16 November!
The Australia Financial Review is proud to announce the 2nd annual AFR Higher Education Awards presented by UniSuper, an initiative to highlight at a national level the tremendous contribution that the Higher Education sector makes to Australian prosperity and quality of life.
Free to enter, open to all institutions (public and private) that are listed in the TEQSA National Register of Higher Education Providers, the Awards are judged by an independent panel of eminent Higher Education veterans.
AFR Higher Education Awards 2016 Finalists
Community Engagement Award
- Macquarie University - National Indigenous Science Education Program (NISEP)
- Queensland University of Technology – National Exceptional Teaching for Disadvantaged Schools (NETDS) program
- UNSW Australia - Kingsford Legal Centre & Kooloora Community Centre Partnership
- UTS - UTS Shopfront Community Program
Emerging Leader Award sponsored by Perrett Laver
- University of Melbourne – Dr Charles Day
- University of Newcastle – Associate Professor Kathleen Butler
- UNSW Australia – Professor Emma Johnston FRSN
- University of Sydney – James Alexander
Employability Award sponsored by Pearson
- Bond University – GraduateEmployability.com – Free, open, international digital repository
- Marcus Oldham College – The integration of Graduate Attributes with work placement sequences to deliver high levels of work readiness and employability.
- University of Queensland - UQ Student Employability Team: getting students SET for their future.
- University of Sydney - Leadership Development Program at the Faculty of Health Sciences
Equity & Opportunity Award sponsored by YourTutor
- Charles Sturt University – Outreach Team
- Macquarie University – LEAP - Macquarie Mentoring (Refugee Mentoring)
- University of Sydney – A multi-layered approach to support young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians considering higher education
- Western Sydney University – Fast Forward
Facilities Innovation Award
- Deakin University – Deakin Smart Campus
- Flinders University – New Plaza & Student Hub
- University of Adelaide – UniSpace development
- University of Wollongong – Early Start Facility
Industry Engagement Award sponsored by Technology One
- Griffith University – Fruition®: a world-first biological trap for managing female pest fruit flies in horticultural crops
- Monash University – Monash Industry Team Initiative - MITI
- University of South Australia – ANZ Business Growth Program
- University of Sydney – Australian Centre for Field Robotics
International Education Award sponsored by Raw Talent
- Monash University – The Monash Warwick Alliance: Harnessing joint capabilities to drive innovation and opportunity
- University of Newcastle – The Singapore Teaching Certificate inititative
- UNSW Australia – UNSW Professional Development Program (International Students)
- UTS – Beyond UTS International Leadership Development Program (UTS:BUiLD)
Learning Experience Award
- Queensland University of Technology – STIMulate: support-for-learning in maths, science and IT
- UTS – Higher Education Language and Presentation Support (HELPS)
- University of Western Australia – Indigenous Studies Essentials (ISE)
- Western Sydney University – The Academy
Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by UniSuper
The winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by UniSuper, will be announced in The Australian Financial Review on Monday 31 October.
All winners will be announced and awards presented at the Awards Gala on Wednesday 16 November.
UniSuper is Australia's dedicated superannuation fund for people working in the higher education and research sector. With approximately 400,000 members and around $50 billion in net assets under management, we're one of Australia's largest super funds.
For more than 30 years, UniSuper has worked alongside Australia's universities and research institutes delivering high quality, value-for-money retirement saving products and services. We are proud of the contribution the higher education sector makes in Australia and are thrilled to be the presenting partner at this year's AFR Higher Education Awards.
YourTutor empowers 21st century learners to achieve their academic goals with world-class, sustainable, and scalable academic support that's independent from place or time.
With 13 years of data-driven provisioning, and an exclusive, stringently managed network of expert tutors, YourTutor has been trusted by educators to engage University, School, or VET students with personalised support online to turn moments of frustration and low confidence into study success.
"I believe your feedback is the reason I didn't quit my course at census date."
Bachelor of Education student, 2016
Commercial relationships that are genuinely reciprocal, mutually beneficial and highly valued by both partners, along with the spirit of innovation. These are the principals that embody TechnologyOne's approach to business and our collaboration with Australian tertiary educators. Our team is extremely proud to support the Australian Financial Review Higher Education Award for Industry Engagement.
Pearson is the world's largest learning company. With 35,000 employees in more than 80 countries, we have a simple mission: to help people of all ages and stages make progress in their lives through learning. Here in Australia, we provide learning materials, technologies, assessments, resources and services to educators, learners, government bodies and institutions to support learning any time, anywhere.
We're very excited to be sponsors of the AFR Higher Education Summit and of the Employability Award, helping learners across Australia aim higher and fulfil their true potential. Because wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Perrett Laver is a leading executive search firm specialising in Higher Education, Global Development and Not-for-Profits, and the Health and Social Care sectors globally. We recognise the importance of identifying emerging leaders, and nurturing and developing this talent to ensure the future of the Higher Education sector in Australia and around the world.
We are proud to sponsor the 2016 AFR Higher Education Summit and the Perrett Laver Emerging Leader Award, and to support the identification and recognition of our leaders of tomorrow.
Raw Talent partners with Educators, Students and Employers to facilitate a successful transition from Education to Employment.
Offering a range of effective Employability solutions, we work with our Higher Education partners to offer embedded Employability Programs, complemented by a range of targeted career development services that boost Graduate employment outcomes. For our Industry Partners we deliver Graduate Recruitment and Development solutions, supporting our Employers to access the best Graduate talent and to better connect with our University partners on talent initiatives.
With deep expertise in Graduate Employability, we deliver differentiated solutions that achieve genuine results.